Exams are known as the best assessment tool and with the help of this tool, it is possible for us to measure the knowledge, skills and physical fitness of the mind of the test-takers. Usually, an exam is conducted in the form of a set of questions about the specific field of studies. These exams are not new in our examination system rather than these exams are considered as the necessary part of our education system from ancient times. Now, the problem with the exams is that these exams are lasting some bad impacts on the mental health of the students. Here, experts of dissertation proposal writing services will discuss how exams are damaging the mental health of the students.
Negative Impacts of Exams On the Mental Health of the Students:
There are lots of negative impacts of the exams on the mental health of the students. Some of them are given below;
- In order to take an exam, the students have to cover the whole syllabus. It is a really stressful task for the students to complete the whole syllabus for the exams.
- There are also some students who are anxious about grades. They always remain in stress and anxiety by thinking that what will happen if they get the bad grades in the exams.
- The anxiety of exams becomes a cause of a vicious cycle for the students. Most of the students face lots of problems to get rid of this vicious cycle even after taking the exams.
- There are some students who are not able to prepare themselves for the exams. As a result, a thought comes to their mind that they will never be able to get success in practical life.
- Due to enough stress of exams on the mind of the students, most of the students are not able to enjoy a sound sleep. As a result, they can face problems like lack of concentration or loss of memory.
Tips to Save You from the Stress of Exams:
After getting an idea about these impacts of the stress of exams, the students should try to find out some essential tips that are helpful for them to save them from the stress of exams. Some essential tips to save you from the stress of exams are given below;
- Instead of spending consecutive 6 to 8 hours on preparing for the exams, the students should try to take regular breaks. These regular breaks will be helpful for the students to concentrate on the study.
- There are some students who think that if they spend some time taking exercise or on any kind of activity, they will not be able to prepare for the exams. This is a wrong belief because these kinds of activities are helpful for the students to get rid of the exam stress and to study by paying full attention and concentration.
- If you want to quickly get rid of the exam stress, it is necessary for you to spend some time watching your favourite TV program, film or comedy show. Its reason is that this will make you laugh and it will be easy for you to pay concentration on your studies.
- You should try to spend at least 6 to 8 hours enjoying the sound sleep. Its reason is that after enjoying the sound sleep, you will be in a better position to concentrate on your studies.
- During the exam days, you should try to keep yourself away from stressed people. Its reason is that if you try to talk with these stressed people, they will also transfer their stress in you.
- You should try to show flexibility in your timetable. By showing flexibility in the timetable while preparing for the exams, you will find it easy to adjust your study hours. On the other hand, if you have a tight timetable for the studies, it will be difficult for you to stick to it.
- While preparing for the exams, you should also try to prepare a to-do list. After completing each task, you should tick on this to-do list. This to-do list will provide you with an idea that you are on the track and it will be easy for you to get rid of the exam stress.
- After completing each task, you should try to give yourself a reward. This reward can be in the form of spending some time on social media, spending some time watching your favourite TV program or eating your favourite food.