Do you want to lose weight fast, but don’t know what to eat and what’s the perfect diet plan? Then the GM diet is the best for you because it is one of the most popular diet plans to lose weight.
GM diet is the popular weight loss diet because this diet helps to lose 10-17 pounds in 7 days. It helps you to lose weight by focusing on a specific food or food group each day of a week.
GM diet plan claims to promote weight loss in a week by burning calories without affecting energy levels. Because the GM Diet chart can include fresh fruits and veggies, which are low in calories, but high in water.
In this article, I will share How GM diet plan can help you lose weight and what to eat. Let’s have a look at the GM diet plan chart and its benefits.
What Are GM Diet And Does It Really work?
The GM diet also is known as the general motors diet. “It was introduced in 1985 by General Motors who along with the United states department of agriculture and food”.
They created a GM diet for their employees to improve their productivity by keeping them solid and fit and the result is impressive. They put their employees on the GM diet and get a better result.
Because it’s employees consumed low-calorie food groups on different days of the week. Because the GM diet triggered weight loss. It can improve weight loss in many ways.
Consuming a very low-calorie diet might work for weight loss, but they are tough to follow.
- Improve the Digestion: the GM diet plan contains dietary fiber vegetables and fruits, which improve digestion and bowel movement.
- Low In Calories: weight loss is calculated by the number of calories that we consume and the number of calories we burn daily. When we consume fewer calories than our body shifts to a negative energy balance. This makes us to lose weight fast.
- Good Detox: staying hydrated and consuming healthy food help in flushing out the toxins and make you healthy.
- Ignite Metabolism: the foods included in the GM diet plan can ignite the metabolism and keep the body in the fat-burning mode. But there is no scientific proof.
- Include Negative calorie foods: The negative calorie foods burn calories during their processing and digestion. This means our body lose weight by burning calories even when we eat. Here is the GM diet plan for weight loss
GM Diet Chart For One Week
Day 1 Of GM Diet
The day 1 as a fruit day which meant for detoxification. Because the detoxification can remove all the unwanted and toxic elements from the body.
So eat as many fruits throughout the day, like Orange, apple, berries, watermelon, and cantaloupes.
Drink 8 to 12 glasses of water during the day and keep your body hydrated. Here is the GM diet chart for day 1
- Breakfast: Few Berries, An apple, A glass of water
- Morning snack: Eat a bowl of cantaloupe and glass of water
- Lunch: Cup of watermelon and drink a glass of water
- Post Lunch snack: Eat an orange and a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of berries and cantaloupe and drink a glass of water
- Snack: half a cup of watermelon and drink 2 glasses of water
On day 2 consume all your favorite vegetables throughout the day.
It will help to build fiber intake in the body. But do not overcook the vegetables and avoid cooking oil.
- Breakfast: Take a cup of boiled potato and a glass of water
- Snack: take half cucumber with a glass of water
- Lunch: Take a cup of lettuce, bell peppers, asparagus, baby spinach with a glass of water
- Evening: Eat half a cup of baby carrots with lime juice and a pinch of salt and drink a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of green beans and blanched broccoli with a glass of water
- Snack: Eat cucumber and drink a glass of water
Day 3 combines the first two days of the GM diet. Eat the combination of vegetables and fruits throughout the day. It will give you the benefits of both fruits and vegetables and give you high fiber protein and nutrients.
- Breakfast: Eat half cup cantaloupe and drink 2 glasses of water
- Snack: Take a cup of pear with a glass of water
- Lunch: Take a cup of salad with 2 glasses of water
- Evening: Eat an orange, half a cup of cantaloupe and drink a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of salad with 2 glasses of water
- Snack: Eat pear and drink a glass of water
Day- is quite different from the other days consume bananas throughout the day with the milk. Take 2-3 bananas in one meal a glass of milk. You can also dink a banana shake
- Breakfast: Eat 2 bananas and drink a glass of water
- Snack: take a banana with a glass of water or drink a glass of banana, milkshake
- Lunch: Take a glass of milkshake or a bowl of vegetable soup
- Evening: Eat 2 bananas
- Dinner: Eat bananas with a glass of milk
- Snack: Drink a glass of milk
Day 5 Of GM Diet
This day is the feet for you as compared to the previous days. If you are vegetarian then have a bowl of brown rice for lunch, if you are the non-vegetarian than have a fish or chicken for lunch. the water intake on this day should be high and it will help you to drain out the uric acid from your body.
- Breakfast: Eat 3 tomatoes, half a cup of sprouts and drink 2 glasses of water
- Snack: take an apple with a glass of water
- Lunch: Eat half a cup of brown rice, sautéed assorted veggies/3oz fish fillet with 2 glasses of water
- Evening: Eat 2 tomatoes with a glass of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of brown rice, half a cup of sautéed veggies, 1 tomato with 2 glasses of water
Day-6 Of GM Diet
This day is about eating grains with an unlimited quantity of vegetables and healthy portions of meat and grains.
- Breakfast: Eat cup boiled legumes and drink a glass of carrot juice
- Snack: Take a cup of boiled vegetables with 2 glasses of water
- Lunch: Eat half a cup of brown rice, a cup of veggies and a cup of veggies
- Evening: Eat cup cucumber slices with 2 glasses of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of brown rice, chicken/cottage, half cup of veggies with 2 glasses of water
Day- 7 Of GM Diet
Finally, you made it to the last day of your diet plan. On this day eat as many vegetables, fruit juice, brown rice, But don’t compromise in your water intake.
- Breakfast: Drink a glass of apple or orange juice
- Snack: Take cup fruit salad with 2 glasses of water
- Lunch: Eat half a cup of brown rice, half a cup of sauteed veggies and drink 2 glasses of water
- Evening: Eat a few assorted berries, cup watermelon with 2 glasses of water
- Dinner: Eat a cup of GM soup with 2 glasses of water’