What causes a double chin?
A double chin, also called a lower fat, is a common condition that occurs when a layer of fat forms under your chin. A double chin is associated with weight gain, but you do not need to lose weight. Genetics or weak skin can cause a double chin as a result of ageing.
There are several things you can do if you want to get rid of double chin.
Exercises that target the double chin:
There are six exercises that can help you to maintain the chin muscles. Repeat all exercises 10 to 15 times daily, (to get rid of the double chin) unless otherwise indicated.
- Sit in a relaxed position. Breathe straight into your head and move your lower jaw backwards and forward, then move your jaw side to side.
- Warming should be slow and controlled without sudden movement.
- Repeat 8-10 times to get better results.
Like any other exercise, a warmup is essential as it prepares for the exercise that is to avoid any injury.
- Sit in a relaxed position and look straight ahead and fill a little water on one side of your cheeks.
- Transfer water from one cheek to the other as you gargle.
- Continue for a minute and then relax.
- Repeat about 5-10 times for best results as it helps to stretch the muscles of the cheek and reduces the double chin.
Kissing the sky:
- Sit in a chair and turn your head back and keep your face as far away as possible.
- Then bring your lips together and pout starting from the ceiling.
- You should feel pressure on your neck and chin.
- Do this for about 5 seconds, and then relax your chin.
- Repeat this exercise about 15 times.
It strengthens the lip muscles and tightens the jaws, which make your chin look thinner.
The jawline workout:
- Sit up straight and hold the tennis ball against your neck while holding your mouth open over the tennis ball.
- Hit the ball 10 times or wait 20 seconds and repeat.
This exercise will strengthen the muscles that can become weak and contribute to your double chin.
out of my tongue:
- Look ahead and keep your tongue out as much as possible.
- Then lift your tongue up to your nose and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Then lower your tongue toward your chin and hold it again for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this about 10 times.
- This exercise works effectively on all the face and neck muscles, which reduces the double chin.
- It targets the chin muscles and gives you a natural look.
Reducing my double chin with diet and exercise:
If your double chin is due to weight gain, losing weight can make it smaller or get rid of it.
Here are some healthy eating tips:
- In a day, Eat four vegetables.
- In a day, Eat three fruits.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Eat lean protein, poultry and fish.
- Eat healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocado and nuts.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Eat low-fat dairy products.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Practice portion control.
Double chin Treatment :
If your double chin is genetic, exercise can help strengthen the area. Weight loss may not help with this. In this case, your doctor may recommend incoming procedures such as.
Lipolysis uses laser liposuction or heat to melt fat and wrap the skin. In most cases, a local anaesthetic is needed during liposuction to treat double chin. It is also known as liposculpture.
Lipolysis only treats fat and it does not remove excess skin and does not increase skin firmness.
Side effects of lipolysis may include:
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure that delivers small amounts of fat-soluble compounds through a series of injections.
Deoxycholic acid is an injectable drug used in mesotherapy. Deoxycholic acid helps you to absorb body fat.
Treating a double chin can take 20 or more injections per treatment. You can get up to six treatments in total. You should wait at least a month between treatments.
Deoxycholic acid can cause severe nerve damage if injected incorrectly. Only a dermatologist or doctor with experience in plastic surgery who knows about the medicine should give this injection.
Possible side effects of Deoxycholic acid and other mesotherapy injections include:
This includes benefits as it reduces your overall risk:
- High blood pressure
- Lack of sleep
- Heart disease
- Some cancers
Unless you are convinced that your double chin is due to genetics, give weight loss, cardio exercise and chin exercises a chance before going through the invasive procedure.
The best way to get rid of excess fat anywhere in your body is to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. When trying to remove a double chin, be patient. Unless you have liposuction or laser lipolysis, it will not go away quickly. Depending on the size of your chin, it may take a few months for it to appear slightly. Beauty Tips shares amazing articles related to health and beauty. Follow us to stay updated.