Half of the population is suffering from different vein diseases. And now everybody is looking for the vein clinic south shore Long Island. There are two different types of vein disease ie; varicose and spider veins. Let’s know more about the veins.
How do veins work?
At a vein clinic north shore Long Island the ‘heart’ pumps blood carrying oxygen and nutrients to the tissues in the legs through blood vessels called ‘arteries’. Blood is returned from the legs to the heart through the ‘veins’.
For blood to flow back upwards from the legs to the heart against gravity, it needs the pumping action of the calf muscles and the presence of intact vein valves.
Normal Veins and Valves
Some points determined by the vein clinic LI are as follows-
- The shrinking of leg muscles changes movement ‘squeezes’ the veins. The blood is pumped up and out of the veins in the leg towards the pelvis against gravity.
- When the muscles relax, the veins open again to carry more blood from tissues to be pumped back.
- Normal venous valves prevent the pumped blood from falling back again to the legs.
- When blood is pumped out of the veins in the leg during muscle contraction and then falls back down the leg veins due to ‘incompetent’ venous valves, it is called “reflux”.
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are the ‘abnormal‘ disfiguring dilated veins that appear on the skin surface. They can range from the small networks of blue or purple thread veins that appear on the most superficial layers of skin are called ‘spider veins‘ to the larger tortuous rope-like veins that arise from the deeper layers of skin and bulge over the skin surface.
It is not difficult to self-diagnose varicose veins and that is the problem. Many patients and physicians focused on getting rid of the disfiguring veins appearing on the patient’s skin without correcting the underlying causes of their appearance. This traditional kind of treatment at vein clinic Long Island unfortunately still offered by many physicians that are directed only to treat the veins seen on the surface, without either investigating or treating the underlying cause, is doomed to fail. And this has led to the false stigma that ‘varicose veins always recur’ and that varicose ‘veins have no treatment’.
The vein center south shore Long Island focuses on both the things ie;
1 Dealing with the underlying cause of the appearance of varicose veins.
2 As well as treating the visible varicose veins. This gives not only the best possible result in the short term but also the lowest possible chance of recurrence in the long term.
Symptoms of associated ‘venous insufficiency include:
which is the destruction of varicose veins using radiofrequency, endovenous laser, or other means of destruction:
- Achy and tired legs.
- A general feeling of heaviness in the legs.
- Pain, burning, or throbbing behind the knee or around abnormal veins.
- Restless legs or cramps at night while sleeping.
- Leg skin itching.
- Swollen Ankles.
Hence, you need to select the best and effective vein center north shore Long Island. The vein clinic South Shore will guide you perfectly on how to cure them.